Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"The Robe"

Sunday mornings while I get ready for 9 o'clock church I really enjoy listening to worship music on Pandora. My favorite station is LDS Hymns of Worship. They play a good variety of gospel hymns along other Sunday favorites. I think it helps set my mind on keeping the Sabbath Day holy and remembering my Savior through out the week.

As I was finishing up my makeup a song came on that really caught my attention. From the beginning I was intrigued. The music, instruments, lyrics, and beautiful angelic voice(s), made me stop what I was doing and listen. Really listen. I found myself in tears when the song was over. I usually don't cry when I listen to music, so I knew I was truly touched! The song is call 'The Robe' by Mercy River. The focus of the song is about a woman who is ill. She prays that she may be healed and made whole, but in turn tells God that if that's not what His plan is that she is fine with that too, but asks that God will wrap her in His Robe and hold her as she goes. Its a tastefully written song about such a tender moment in the lives of all Heavenly Fathers children.

The death of a loved one can be so incredibly harrowing. Heartbreaking. Grievous.

I determine I was so 'aw-struck' by this song because of its ability to make one look at death in a different light. It helped remind me that God has a plan, for me, for everyone. And yes, that plan will one day include leaving this mortal world and the people we love and returning to live with our Savior. I believe Gods plan with us doesn't stop after we leave this world.......He has far greater plans for us. He needs us to continue to do His work in the worlds above. For those who pass away, our Savior needs them. He has called them home to Heaven to continue a mission above. God understands the sorrows we go through when we don't have that physical being in our presence anymore. That is why He created the plan for all of us to come home and be together as eternal families. Life does not have to end here on earth. Wouldn't that make God merciless to not allow relationships to continue to grow and blossom after this life? For fathers and daughters, mothers and sons, grandparents and grandchildren, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc, to say a final goodbye after this life and not continue in the next life would be preposterous. God is anything but merciless.


"The Robe"
Mercy River 

Faithful woman
Reached through the crowd
And her hands, gently touched your robe
And you threw your grace and made her whole

Now my broken body
Is fading fast
And like her, Im searching through the crowds
Desperate to find you somehow

And Im reaching for that robe
I know you can make me whole
But if its not meant to be that way
If I can't stay
Then just wrap me in that robe and hold me when I go

If you call me
Home to you
Please help though's who love me understand
We are still held together by your hands

Im reaching for that robe
I know that you can make me whole
But maybe in a different way
If I can't stay
Then just wrap me in that robe and hold me when I go

Hold her when she goes (women)
Hold her when she goes (little child)


Click here to listen to "The Robe" on Grooveshark.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Darci! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts pumpkin.! Always a lesson to be learned. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karmann got me turned onto that group. I LOVE that song, haven't been able to get through it once without crying myself. Music is usually the only thing that will speak to my heart during the most difficult times. So glad you felt Gods love for you. Hope you continue to be lifted when needed. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete