Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pathways of Life & Eternal Growth

Life has funny, humbling and rude awakening ways of letting you know if you're traveling down the path that has been laid out for you. I truly believe we all have a specific path that has been laid out for us and its up to us if we choose to follow it or not. So you may ask, how do we know if we're following the right one? I don't know. Honestly. Sometimes I feel that you will feel it. In your heart. Your soul. Others may like to differ with me but I believe in total dream deja vu. I have frequently had dreams where later on in my life I recall that dream because it is happening in real life. Some may call it coincidence or even that my mind has made it up for me to believe I've 'been here before'. I don't believe that. Not for one bit. I believe its Gods simple, quiet, and reassured way of letting us know you're on the right path. Call me crazy, but that's my thought. I also believe that its through fervent prayer and having a close relationship with God that will allow you to know that you are indeed skipping down the right path.

Kind of a random way to start a post, yeah kind of. I get thoughts in my head how I need to begin and/or write in my blog and I go with it. I've learned not to fight my mind.

Many have asked why it has been so long since I have posted anything on my blog. For reasons I can not comment right now I am unable to specifically answer that question. But I can let you know that my husband, I, and Miss A have recently been through something that truly shook our inner core. Something that I never would have that would happen, did. From the beginning to the end, this situation was both miracle witnessing and completely heartbreaking at the same time. Its been torture watching my sweet Miss A go through so much pain and anguish. Seeing my husband cry. I think there was a time or two I went three plus days without showering. Sometimes Im still confused if Im grieving or depressed. I think it's a little of both.

But through all of the hurt comes a light. I can't tell you how blessed my little family is. We've had an outpouring of love from many people. My parents were able to fly out to Illinois right away and spend 10 days with us. Which was more than a blessing then they will ever know. No thank you's will ever be enough. Im so grateful for them. We had many other blessings here and there that I KNOW were gifts from my Father in Heaven. Through trials and tears come blessings and beauty. I've grown to understand this a little more. Sometimes these blessings are not see or noticed right away, and they may never be, but they are there, if YOU allow YOURSELF to see them.

Do you let yourself see the blessings?

I know that my Savior and my Heavenly Father are men of pure love. I don't even think we can even begin to understand how much love they have for us. We may have an idea, but its not completely understood or accounted for. I believe Gods pure love allows you to grow through trials, heartbreak, confusion, sadness, and everything else that hurts our inner self. I don't know if I ever would have felt so much love from my Savior had we not been through what we have recently. I don't know if I ever would have understood that when it feels like the world around you is crumbling in your hands that our Savior allows us to mold our selfs back together through his loving touch. He loves me. I know he does. He love you, too. Are we allowing ourselves to feel our Saviors love?

Think about it.

When the times comes, if it does, I would love to tell you our story. In the mean time I would love to hear yours. If you would like to share. What trials have you been through? What blessings did you witness from heartbreak? How have you felt your Saviors pure love through trials and tribulations? If you would share, I would love to hear. And I know that my readers would love to hear as well. No story is not good enough. There is ALWAYS someone out there who is going through something similar to what your are or have gone through. People feel comfort in knowing that they are not alone. After sharing my story with infertility I have many people contact me and thank me for sharing. They too have been going through the same or similar situation and felt peace in their hearts that they had someone who could relate and someone to talk to. Isn't this why we go through heartbreak and trials? If and when we do we are able to assist and help those who are in need of comfort. We are here to serve one another.

Are we serving?

If you would like to share your story please email me at darcivbentley@live.com
If you would like your story published on my blog and wish to remain anonymous please let me know. Otherwise I would like to list your first name, first letter of last name, and state of which you live.
I would like to prematurely thank you for having the courage to share your story. It isn't easy. But you may never know who's life you have changed because you decided to share. I plan on posting a story from a reader once a week if I have enough stories. If not, I will post them as soon as they come.

Have a wonderful day readers Ü    


2 comments:

  1. Hi! My cousin, Shari Cowan, directed me to your blog. From what I've read, you have been through the wringer to say the least! I admire your faith and your openess. I've been in your shoes, slightly. When my husband and I first tried to have children I was able to get pregnant in what seemed like no time but wasn't able to keep the pregnancies without medical explanation, so the testing begin to still find no results. I now have two,almost three, beautiful babies. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone and that if you ever needed someone to vent to that might understand some of the pain you've experienced first hand to go ahead and email me- holly.nelson13@gmail.com. My prayers will be with you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! Thank you for your comment! I want to congratulate you on your two, almost three beautiful children Ü Its always wonderful to have people to talk to who understand. So thank you for reaching out to me and I will definitely save your email address! Thanks much for the prayers. Have a great day Holly!!

      -Darci

      Delete